Skip To Next Section
Guide to prescription eyewear
Head to one of our in-store Vision Centers for your new branded frame, and knowledgeable staff will fill your prescription lenses for you. Or come the Vision Center for an eye exam and contact lenses too. You'll find basic single-vision lenses, line bifocals, and no-line bifocals at everyday low prices. In addition, lightweight plastic lenses have free scratch resistance and a 12-month breakage warranty. Here's the scoop on what you'll find at DX Daily Store for everything you need to look fashionable and see clearly.
- Previews: If you prefer to preview frames that are sold in-store only, you can do so online. You'll find brand names and high-fashion styles. Scroll down on the page to find frames to purchase online.
- Frames with personality: Buy frames to fit your distinct personality. Even if everyone seems to be wearing one style or color, you don't have to go along if you're not comfortable. Frames showcase your fun side, your softer, gentler side, or your business side.
- Skin tone: Consider the color of your skin when choosing frames. Just like when you select make-up, you'll want to know if your skin has a warm or cool tone. Warm toned skin has a yellow, bronze, or golden cast which looks beautiful with brown, gold, olive green, or beige shaded frames. Cool toned skin has pink or blue undertones, and colorful glasses like blue, pink, purple, turquoise, and gray/silver pop on your face.
- Women's Rx Sunglasses: Ideal for drivers, prescription sunglasses make it easier to see the road in glare. Prescription sunglasses can also do wonders for contact lens wearers who don't like having lenses in at the beach. You can also have sunglasses in bifocal and progressive lens options.
- For creatives: Men with angular faces can pull off wearing modern shaped frames in geometric designs, retro vintage styles, and aviator shapes.
- For business professionals: If you're a serious business guy, stay conservative when it comes to frames. Consider classic shapes in black, gunmetal, silver, and brown tones that tend to match business attire as well.
- Men's Rx Sunglasses: Prescription sunglasses are essential to protect eyes while active, driving and out in harmful ultraviolet rays. Men have the choice of classic aviator style, the iconic Wayfarers shape, vintage rounds that musicians love to wear, sporty wraparounds, or retro Clubmaster style with rounded lenses and plastic tops and wire-rimmed bottoms.
- Keep them fashionable: Your little girl may ask for frames that make her stand out, not stand out, or look more like adult frames like Mom's or Dad's. Indulge her because it will inspire her to wear the frames.
- Bridge fit: This is tricky for youngsters with noses still forming. Kids' frames need either a bridge or adjustable nose pads to keep them up on the nose. Most pediatric size glasses have small bridges to fit small noses.
- Material: Children's frames are either made of plastic or metal. Plastic used to be the only choice, but metal frames are also made to be lighter weight and less likely to bend or break.
- The active factor: If your little boy is active, you'll want to consider a couple of features to keep the frames in one piece. Spring hinges will extend the life of kids frames. That means if your child flexes the eyeglass temples outward and away from the frames, the frames likely won't break.
- Sports eyewear: The same tips go for sports eyewear too. Sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses provide protection from eye injuries that regular frames may not be able to handle.
Tips on enhancing facial features
- Large nose: Choose a wider, lower set bridge to make a larger nose look smaller.
- Longer face: To make a square or round face look longer, the frames should be as wide as the face and narrower than they are wide to balance your appearance.
- Shorter face: To make a long face appear shorter, choose frames with wider arms.
- Eyes: Choose an invisible bridge in a light color to make the eyes appear as though they are set further apart.
- Body size: Keep your body size and frame size balanced. If you're petite, opt for smaller, delicate frames. If you're larger, go for bolder frame designs.
Electrode, App-category-app, Comp-92a7fdce-0d27-40eb-a95b-827cdeaff0e1, DC-wus-prod-a17, ENV-prod-a, PROF-PROD, VER-9.40.0, SHA-a7a85f18637ccc44d4be45e0ad3c6fa7c7fb0593, CID-